May 22, 2018
NEW COST/RATE SCHEDULE
EFFECTIVE: May 1, 2020
Billing for services per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit)
- $9.37 per one Thousand (1,000) gallons of metered water used.
- $156.90 per quarter base rate per user.
- $250.60 per quarter annum flat rate for unmetered well customers ($130.00 base + 10,000 Gal. of water based on $.725 per 100 gal.) where water usage is not metered.
- 10% (ten percent) penalty for bills Past Due.
- 1% (one percent) finance charge per month (12% APR) for past due accounts until lien is filed, at which time interest will accrue at 10% by operation of law.
- $100.25 Off/On charge levied by Sewer Authority where water service is interrupted to delinquent accounts for purpose of collecting from such account.
- $35.00 charge for all checks returned due to non -sufficient funds “NSF”.
- · As Billed – charges for legal expenses billed to the sewer authority incurred by the Authority for the purpose of collecting on delinquent accounts.
- · Rental Properties – All billing for rental properties will be sent to the property owner or owners. It is the responsibility of the property owner to pay any and all fees incurred. The Porter-Tower Joint Municipal Authority will not deal directly with tenants. Property owners must somehow include sewage fees when collecting tenants rent.
Billing for New Connections:
- $1,000.00 tapping fee per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit).
- $20.00 application fee.
- $2,000.00 connection fee plus additional expenses (cost of lateral installation in excess of $2,000.00) As Billed.
- $40.00 inspection and testing fee.
- $3,060.00 Hook-up fee- Total (add all fees above). Plus additional Expenses.